Thornton: Kipping and New Road Chapels
Transcriptions of chapel records, memorials and
Kipping Independent (Congregational) Chapel, is the oldest Independent/Congregational Chapel in the Bradford area. As such it has had much attention paid to it over the years. This CD-ROM, which is also available as a File Download from the GENFAIR website , brings together all the strands of information. New Road Congregational Chapel is an off-shoot of it and, because it continued to use the Kipping graveyards, is included on this fully searchable CD.
The CD consists of:
- Transcriptions of chapel records, memorials and monumental inscriptions
- History of each chapel
- Over 70 photographs of memorials and headstones
- Baptisms: 1756 - 1837 & 1879 - 1916
- Burials: 1786 - 1978 (some gaps)
- Transcriptions of monumental inscriptions in all 4 graveyards, supplemented with some earlier recordings
plus New Road:
- Records from the church book
- Baptisms: 1867 - 1911
- Marriages, an informal record: 1868 - 1915
- Burials: 1867 - 1879
Help with Adobe Reader
All the data is in PDF format which is fully searchable. PDF files require Adobe Reader to be installed on the users computer and a copy of Adobe Reader Version 9.3 for Windows is included on the CD.
System requirements: Windows 95 or later, Monitor display of 800x600 or higher. Also usable on a Mac.
Surname search facility
View Surnames that appear in the publication and over what period.
Price in POUNDS STERLING including postage and packing.
|U. K.||Surface||Airmail Europe||Airmail Elsewhere|
The CD is available for payment:
1. by STERLING CHEQUE from Publications Officer, 209 Bierley Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD4 6DN, England. Please make cheques payable in STERLING to "Bradford Family History Society", or
2. by CREDIT CARD at the GENfair website, however prices from GENfair may differ slightly because postage charges are separately calculated by weight. .
3. from the GENfair as a File Download.
|Return to Publications|