Thornton Old Bell Chapel, Bradford
Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers
and Monumental Inscriptions from 1678
The chapel became Thornton St. James Parish Church in 1872.
This publication on CD-ROM, and alternatively available as a File Download from the GENFAIR site, contains
- A history of the Chapel Transcriptions of the Baptism Registers (1678-1872)
- Transcriptions of the Marriage Registers (1678-1754 and name index 1837-1872)
- Transcriptions of the Burial registers (1678-1975)
- Memoranda of burials book (1861-1909)
- Plans of the graveyard
- Monumental inscriptions (latest recording, 2010)
- Townsend Supplement of recordings made in 1912 which are no longer evident
- Photographs of graveyard and some graves
- Help with Adobe Reader
N.B. Patrick Brontwas Perpetual Curate at Thornton from 1815 to 1820 during which time he was the officiating minister at most baptisms and burials.
All the data is in PDF format which is fully searchable. PDF files require Adobe Reader to be installed on the users computer and a copy of Adobe Reader Version 9.3 for Windows is included on the CD.
System requirements: Windows 95 or later, Monitor display of 800x600 or higher. Also usable on a Mac.
Surname search facility
View Surnames that appear in the publication and over what period.
Price in POUNDS STERLING including postage and packing
|U. K.||Surface||Airmail Europe||Airmail Elsewhere|
The CD is available for payment:
by STERLING CHEQUE from Publications Officer, 209 Bierley Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD4 6DN, England. Please make cheques payable in STERLING to "Bradford Family History Society", or
by CREDIT CARD at the GENfair website, however prices from GENfair may differ slightly because postage charges are separately calculated by weight.
It is also available from GENfair as a File Download.